Friday 25 July 2014

The internet unites! #JewsandArabsRefuseToBeEnemies and PalesTinder


Social Media is a beautiful thing.

I would consider myself an optimist, and when I see things like organically created political hashtag campaigns it does instil some hope in humanity.

We need the media and the governments to stop telling us who to hate and let it be decided based upon individuals rather than a mob mentality fuelled by our peers. The only way I can see this working is through the neutrality of the internet.

With that in mind, here are a few of my favourite tweets and pictures from the #JewsAndArabsRefuseToBeEnemies hashtag.








Outside of twitter, there is a great Tumblr page called 'PalesTinder', which shares screenshots of American guys and girls who are using Tinder while teaching in Ramallah, Palestine.

Some are funny, some are insulting, and some are just plain off topic. So... basically the same as Tinder in London...



The denial is strong in this one.

This guy totally doesn't care


I think this one is genuinely just concerned about civilians? I can't tell.


I'm quite gutted that there aren't any screenshots of girls in Israel getting approached by Palestinians. Ah well!

Here's to Peace in the Middle East.


No comments:

Post a Comment